‘IAMH will provide a network of sustainable support & opportunities to enable people with mental health issues, maximise their potential within the community of Inverclyde’
To continue to be recognised as provider of quality support services to people
who have experienced mental health problems and to further develop the range
and quality of services we provide.
- All service users are treated as individuals, and with dignity and respect.
- All service users are involved, consulted and their views listened to.
- All service users will have the direct and personal support of a key worker who will
assist them to identify and work toward achieving specific goals.
- We work as a team, and understand and appreciate each other’s roles and responsibilities.
- There is clear and appropriate communication of the right of information, to the
right people, at the right time to ensure:-
- A coordinated and collaborative approach to our services
- A focus on the organisation’s objectives
- The organisation provides all staff with the tools necessary to do their jobs effectively, through staff supervision and appraisal, and the provision of appropriate training and development.
- We strive to continuously improve our standards in everything we do.
- Collaborate with other statutory and non-statutory organisations within the Mental Health field to improve and develop services and minimise the overlap of provision.